Monday, April 2, 2012


Hello everyone! Elder Nugent here. This week has been pretty good. It was a little bit tough because a lot of appointments fell through, but we were able to push through and have a pretty successful week. This week we also received transfer calls, and I will be staying in Mandeville and I will be getting a new companion who is a brand new missionary who i will be training. I am a little bit nervous, but im excited too. 

General Conference was really good too. I loved hearing all the talks and it flew by way too fast. Every session felt like it was only 30 minutes long it was so crazy. I definitely learned a lot of principles that will not only help me in my missionary work, but also when I come back home. I loved preisthood session, It really gave me a strong desire to serve the Lord and others with all ive got. 

I loved in conference how they also emphasized the importance of family. I never realized the true importance of family until I came on my mission and saw the effects of having unstable family units. I would like to add my testimony that strengthening the relationship that we have with our families is one of the most important goals and objectives that we should EVER have in this life. The family is so important. As a missionary I constantly try to find and strengthen families. The best way to strengthen and grow a family is on the principles of the gospel. These principles will cultivate love, respect, charity, service, and other essential attributes that are required for strong family units. Scripture reading, prayer, service, family home evenings, and spending time with family members are great activities to build the foundation of the family on gospel principles. All of these things invite and cultivate an enviornment where the Spirit can be present to make the family grow stronger. 

This gospel and my mission has definitely changed my life. I am so grateful for it. I know that Christ lives and that he atoned for the sins of the world. I am thankful for my family who have helped me become the person that I am. I love and miss you all

Love,
Elder Nugent 

No comments:

Post a Comment