Sunday, April 15, 2012


Hello everybody! Long time no talk haha. I wasnt able to email yesterday because it was a national holiday in Jamaica and the email place was closed. I am still doing well in Mandeville. This week has been pretty crazy. My new companion was stuck in texas for a few days because of some tornadoes, so I was put with a missionary from another area close to mandeville for a few days. But, my new companion finally arrived safe and sound on saturday and we are doing lots of work here in Mandeville. He is a great missionary, and is excited to serve here in Jamaica. His name is Elder Olson by the way. The work has been going good here so far. We have three people with baptism dates and we have a lot more who are progressing slowly but surely. This week, I was reflecting on my calling and purpose as a missionary, and it really hit me that as missionaries we are called to represent Christ and help people become cleansed from their sins. I then thought of how much in my life I use the atonement, and the joy that comes from repentance and forgiveness, and it has really motivated me even more to spread the gospel to others. It made me feel kind of like Alma and the sons of Mosiah and also like Enos. In Preach My Gospel they tell us that as our understanding of the Atonement increases, our desire to share the gospel will increase as well. And I definitely know that to be true in my life. I know that Jesus Christ lives, and I know that he truly atoned for our sins. I have experienced the cleansing power of the Atonement in my life, and I love being able to help others apply that same power in their lives. Well I love and miss you all. Happy late easter! 

Love,
Elder Nugent

No comments:

Post a Comment