Tuesday, April 24, 2012








Hey everybody! how is everything going? I hope you are all doing something fun for my birthday hahaha. Just kidding but I am doing great here in Mandeville. We have someone who should be getting baptized in 2 weeks so I am excited about that. A quick funny story is about to follow: so yesterday at church, out of the blue over 20 non members came to church. In church, My companion and I teach an investigator class where nonmembers go to sunday school. So in our investigator class we had about 25 people that we taught which is much more than the usual 5 that show up on other sundays. After the class I learned that most of those new people are students at a bible college and many of them are studying to become clergy, and they showed up to get more information about our church for a research paper. so, they came to the church and were all pretending to be investigators. It was kind of disappointing to learn that they just came to the church to write a paper, but hopefully the message of the restoration which we taught them will plant some seeds in their hearts, and hopefully they will be willing to learn more and find out for themselves that the church is true.

This past week has been good though. We have been working hard. Training a new missionary can be challenging at times, but I am definitely learning in the process. We had another cool experience a couple weeks ago with one of our investigators. I will call the investigators name Dr. M.. Dr. M has been taught by missionaries for about a year and still has not been baptized. Then, a few weeks ago he had a dream where he saw his dead grandfather and Joseph Smith, and they were friends. The very next time that Dr. M came to church we had a lesson about temple and geneology work. Dr. M had been taught about temple work before, but I think he really felt the spirit testify to him at church about the divinity of temple work and genealogy because right after church, He came up to us and told us that he wants to be baptized as soon as possible. He should be getting baptized a few weeks into May if all goes well.

I love serving here in Jamaica. Everyday I love this country more and more. And everyday I learn more and more. I love my mission and I love the people here. I definitely know that this church is true and that Jesus Christ truly lives. I know that we have a prophet on the earth today who leads and guides us. Sorry this email is a little bit shorter today too. But I am sending a couple pictures and pictures are worth a thousand words. so technically this letter is really long. haha

P.S. as of tomorrow I am no longer a teenager that is another weird thought. time sure is flying. P.P.S. The pictures are of our Preparation day. We went to Treasure Beach in Saint Elizabeth. The person that is in a few of the pictures with me is the companion that I am training. 

No comments:

Post a Comment