Monday, April 30, 2012


Hello everybody! how is it going?! thank you for the birthday wishes, I appreciate it. This past week has been good. The Jamaicans have a tradition where when it is your birthday they throw flour all over you. They call it flouring. So, naturally, on Tuesday I was floured. Pictures will come next week. 

Everything has been going well here though. Yesterday, I gave the longest talk I have ever given in a sacrament meeting. It was roughly 30 minutes long. My companion overestimated the length of his talk so he only talked for about 8 minutes, so I had to make up the difference haha. It was good though. The mission has definitely moulded me into a better teacher and speaker. 

It is crazy how the mission has been changing me. I hardly have any fear about going up to random people on the street and talking to them. I love studying the gospel like never before. Before I came on my mission i thought gospel study would be like a chore, now it is something i look forward too. It is amazing to me how every time you read your scriptures you learn something new. 

Everything you learn, if applied into your life can help you become a better, happier person. Many people spend their lives searching for the secret of life, how to be successful, and how to be happy. The answer to all of those questions are contained in the scriptures. we just have to open them with an open heart and read and study and ponder and apply them into our lives. 

Time has also been moving than faster than ever now. It feels like every day i just wake up and then go to bed. Everything is moving like a blur. I love serving out here though. We are working with a really cool investigator who is 16 who should be getting baptised on may19. He is awesome. he has been reading and praying and so i am excited for him. training is going pretty well. 

My companion and I definitely have our ups and downs, But i am thankful because i am learning so much from this experience. After all, we go through troubles and trials so we can learn and grow. I love this gospel, and I love my Saviour Jesus Christ. I know that he lives and loves us. I am so very grateful for our living prophet who helps us stay on the strait and narrow path that leads to eternal life. I love and miss you all,

Love, 
Elder Nugent

No comments:

Post a Comment