Tuesday, February 28, 2012


Whats up everyone?! how is everyone doing? i am doing great here in my new area. I love being here in Mandeville. Mandeville has the perfect climate it is pretty much like spring time 24/7. The people here a really friendly and the roads here are very hilly... but that just makes riding bikes here even more fun. My companion and I are getting along very well. We have been working hard to try to get the members of the Branch to help us even more in our missionary efforts. Members really are one of the biggest contributing factors in helping people come into the church. Im sorry to say but i probably wont have as many crazy stories here in mandeville as i had in May Pen... Maybe thats a good thing though haha. But i am very excited to be serving here. I love the area, I love the branch, I love my companion so I am excited to see the things that will happen here in Mandeville. 
         This past week, I have been reading in the Book of Mormon in the book of Alma. In Chapter 49, the Lamanites go to war against the Nephites. The Nephites, under the inspired direction of Captain Moroni, are able to fortify their cities so that when the Lamanites came to battle against them they were able to defeat the Lamanites and not one soul was lost amongst the Nephites. Due to lack of time, I wont go in very deeply into the details of the chapter, but i would like to encourage everyone to read the chapter, and i will provide some insights. Just as the Nephites were able to fortify their cities, we need to fortify our lives and our homes. We need to build up boundaries and fortifications that will keep us safe from temptation and sin. Just as the Nephites placed their strongest forces at the entrances of their fortifications, we need to place our strongest forces in our minds. We need to protect ourselves from the temptations of satan, who desires all of us to be miserable. There are many ways to do these things. We need to purify our thoughts, read the scriptures, pray often, attend Church to name a few. We need to set up our fortifications and boundaries now before the enemy tries to come and destroy our soul. If we wait, it will be too late. Again I would like everyone to read that chapter and apply the principles to our own individual lives in the fight against sin. I love being here in Mandeville, I love serving my mission. I would not trade it for anything else. I know that this gospel is true, I know that Jesus is the Christ, and I know that this is his work. I still love and miss you all back home. You are in my thoughts and prayers. 

Love,
Elder Nugent

No comments:

Post a Comment