Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Wahta go wahn everyone!? things are going very good here in Jamaica!
There have been a couple of big changes that have happened this past
week. On Saturday I got a transfer call and I will be leaving on
wednesday to serve in Mandeville where dad grew up! my address for
letters and packages will still be the same because they just get sent
to the mission office. I am very excited to go and serve there! I will
miss May Pen a lot though. I never realized how sad I would be leaving
until I had to say goodbye. I have had a great time getting to know
and work with the members of the branch as well as investigators that
I have been teaching here. I will also be sad to be leaving Elder
Montgomery. He has been a great example for me and has helped me to
become a better missionary. My new companion's name is elder Deahl. I
have met him once before and I can tell he is an awesome missionary so
I am excited to be serving with him as well.

On Saturday, we had a district conference for all the branches in
the mandeville district that i was able to attend. Elder Anderson from
the Quarm of the Seventy came and gave a really good talk. He talked
about how we as members of the Church need to make sure that as we go
to church and do the things that we are supposed to do, we need to
feel the Spirit. He said that when people go to church and just go
through the motions without feeling the Spirit, one of two things may
happen: 1. the person may stop going to Church and stop going through
the motions, or 2. the person may continue to go through the motions
without feeling the Spirit. Both cases are sad. We need to make sure
that as we go to Church and do the things we are supposed to be doing,
we are not merely going through the motions. We must always strive to
have the spirit to be with us, and be worthy to always have the spirit
to be with us.

I have truly gained an appreciation for the Spirit especially as
a missionary. When we teach lessons, and the Spirit is present, the
people we are teaching make a firm resolve to change and become
better. When we teach lessons and the Spirit is not present, the
people who we teach dont have as great of a desire to change, and many
times they dont make a true resolve to change. I know that this gospel
is true. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the
world. I know that Joseph Smith was a true Prophet. And I know that
the Book of Mormon is true. I know these things not because I am a
missionary, but because the Holy Ghost has borne witness to my heart.
I love and miss you all. I love serving the Lord here in Jamaica.
Thank you for all your prayers and support.

Love,
Elder Nugent

No comments:

Post a Comment