Friday, February 3, 2012


Whats up everyone?! how is everyone doing? I am doing good here in May Pen still. This week has been really good. We have still been teaching lots of people and we have been finding some new investigators, I also had my first zone conference this week so it was cool to see the other missionaries and learn from my mission president, we also had a zone p-day so i was able to play football both american football and soccer football. dang i forgot how terrible i am at those two sports haha. I am getting along very well with my companion Elder Montgomery. He is teaching me the ways and I really feel like i have been learning a lot from him and growing as a missionary. 

This week it really hit me that the reason we do certain things in the church, is so that we can become the person our Heavenly Father wants us to become. This gospel isnt just only about doing, its about becoming. We can go to church every sunday, but unless we go to church with the right intent, the right heart, the right attitude, we wont become the person we are trying to become. The same goes for repentance, If we repent just by not doing the thing bad that we did before, and we dont have a change of heart, or we dont try to become better, it isnt fully repenting. If we read our scriptures without trying to learn and apply the principles that we read about, we arent getting as much as we could out of the scriptures. We arent becoming the kind of person we need to become. With this, I would just like to challenge everyone back home to really think why they do certain things in the church. I would like to challenge all of us to not merely go through the motions for the sake of doing what we are suppose to. But i would like to challenge everyone to do what we are suppose to do so that we can BECOME what we need to become. It is only in this way that we can truly become like our Heavenly Father and live with him some day. 

I love this gospel and I love my Savior I love what they help us to become. I love being out here in Jamaica. It is definitely tough mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and physically, but it is definitely worth it. I love and really do miss and think and pray about you all. Thanks for all of your prayers and support and love. I really do appreciate it. On the humorous side, by the way, the weirdest things that i have eaten here to date are: 

Fish head, goat intestine, chicken foot, turkey neck, cow foot. hahaha and yes i finished them all. 

well till next week. Likkle More

-Elder Nugent 

No comments:

Post a Comment