Saturday, February 11, 2012

Whats up everyone?! hows everything going? things are going good in may pen still. This transfer has been flying by sooo fast. not too much crazy has happened this past week. it has for the most part been a pretty calm week. We are still working hard on trying to get our investigators to get baptized. Whenever we get really close, something always comes up though so we have to delay the date. Its kind of rough but it just goes to show how important baptism really is. Whenever someone gets close to baptism, the adversary does all that he can to prevent it from happening. i have seen that so many times on my mission. I guess its a good thing though because when we are tried, and tested, we can truly prove ourselves and grow and become stronger.

Things are truly going well though. I am getting along very well with my companion elder Montgomery, we are working hard all day every day. its crazy that this transfer is almost over already. it has gone by way too fast. I love working with the May Pen branch. Its really cool to see how many of them associate with each other kind of like a family does.

Well not too much different has been happening. we are working with our investigators through all their trials. it is definitely tough, but when we see them make changes and see how much happier they become, I realize that it is definitely worth it. One thing we have been trying to improve with our investigators is their prayer relationship with God. Too many times we take prayer too lightly. We have to realize that we are truly engaging in a two way communication with our Heavenly Father. When we realize this our prayers will be transformed. We will get answers to our prayers 100% of the time. I encourage everyone to read in the bible dictionary about prayer, and evaluate their prayers and make necessary changes. Prayer is definitely a great blessing. How blessed are we to know that we have a loving Father in Heaven who communicates with us.

I know that this gospel is true, I know this Church is led by a true and living prophet of God, I know that Jesus Christ died and atoned for our sins, and for that I am eternally grateful and indebted. I love this Gospel and missionary work. I hope you all have a fun, safe week. I love you all and miss you all. Forget me not haha.

Love,
Elder Nugent

No comments:

Post a Comment