Friday, February 17, 2012

Hello everyone! whats up? hows it going out there? Things are going good here in JA. My companion Elder Montgomery and I are continuing to be hard at work here in Jamaica. I have been learning a lot from him. He is an awesome missionary. I hope I will continue to serve with him next transfer. We have been working with some pretty cool people lately, and i have faith that they will become converted to the gospel and go into the waters of baptism very soon. Hopefully I will be here when they do. The work is going great though. I love being out here... and speaking of love, valentines day is just around the corner so i think this calls for a special edition email.  The following is a list of the top 10 things i love about Jamaica and serving a mission:

10. Banana Chips.... mmmm so delicious

9. The Tropical climate... everywhere is so green and luscious. there is fruit on almost every tree. it is so beautiful, especially after a heavy rain storm.

8. Riding my Bike.... sounds weird i know, but bike riding is cool in jamaica. It is especially cool because whenever i ride my bike it feels like i am mountain biking because of the rough roads and rain foresty bush that grows everywhere.

7. There are little shacks pretty much everywhere you go on every road where  you can buy almost any necessity like toilet paper, food, etc.

6. Cook shops.... delicious food at a delicious price. Some of the best tasting food and it is very very inexpensive

5. Teaching people the gospel at night while sitting on their veranda. It is quite relaxing and very spiritual.

4. having daily studies for 2 hours. I thought i would hate having to study the gospel for 2 hours a day, but i love it so much now. I am able to learn and feel the spirit and improve and learn to help others improve it is great.

3. Always being busy... I do something every hour of every day. there is really no time for idleness. I am constantly busy. It is exhausting but i love it.

2.  Growing my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love learning about the gospel and strengthening my testimony. I love feeling and learning from the spirit.

1. Seeing people become happier and see there lives change as they apply and live the principles of the gospel. This is what makes it all worth it. Seeing someone before knowing about the gospel, and then watching them improve their lives and become happy is one of the greatest things in the world.

bonus. receiving letters from everyone at home i love that too haha.

As you can all tell i love my mission. i have had many great experiences while here in Jamaica. I wouldnt trade it for anything. i love serving the Lord. I know that this is his Church and I KNOW that he leads and guides and directs this work. I also love all of you back home. And I love hearing from all of you. Feel free to write me a valentines letter... maybe even 10 things you love about me. hahahaha just kidding about that last part. but i would love to hear from everyone. well i miss and love you all... until next week. Likkle more

Love,
Elder Nugent

No comments:

Post a Comment