Monday, July 23, 2012


Hello everybody! hows it going? long time no talk haha. Everything is going awesome here in Kingston. Currently we are working with some really cool investigators, so I am pretty excited to continue to watch them progress in the gospel. I love serving with Elder Conder as well. He is a great companion. He finishes his mission at the end of October so I will be sad to see him go. Things have been going well though. This past week has been pretty crazy we were in Portmore to train some Elders there for the day and then we had district conference on Saturday and Sunday, so we have been super busy. All of this busyness has been making time fly by way too fast. One thing that I have been reflecting on as of late is how the Lord always prepares a way for us to keep his commandments. Even when we see no possible way, there will always be a way prepared if we exercise our faith just like Nephi did when he recieved the Brass plates. Many times, we try to excuse ourselves and we lie to ourselves saying that the Lord will understand if we dont keep all of his commandments. Sometimes we say well im going through difficult times, or im struggling with difficult temptations,  the Lord will understand if I dont go to church or dont pay my tithing, or dont do some other thing which he has commanded. But the fact of the matter is that the Lord cannot look on sin with the least degree of allowance, and that a way has been prepared for all of us to keep all of his commandments. All it requires is faith and action. I have definitely been learning a lot on my mission. It has truly been the best experience of my life. I love the Lord I know he lives. I love my mission. and I love all of you. Till next week

Elder Nugent

No comments:

Post a Comment