Monday, November 28, 2011


Whats up everyone?! things are really starting to pick up here in May Pen AKA the play pen. I have definitely met some interesting people and the work is going a lot better now that Elder Johnson and I are more established in the area. We now have 6 people who have baptism dates for december and january. soon it will be 8 people with commitments for baptism so that is pretty exciting. 

It is cool to see how people who are prepared to join the church have been put in our paths. The other night we saw a mom carrying a bunch of stuff to her house because she was moving and we offered to help her. As we were talking i learned that she use to meet with missionaries and attended church regularly about 10 years ago. I then asked if she would like to meet with missionaries again and she said that she would because she is looking to start over in her life. Hopefully things go well with her as we start teaching her. Things have just been falling into place with a lot of different people so that makes me happy to see. I can truly see a change in the people who we have been teaching and who have been following their commitments. They seem much happier and they start to develop a light in their eyes that wasn't there before. 

The other day I was teaching an investigator about why the scriptures are important. As i was teaching her I likened the scriptures to a map that tells you how to get to heaven. I asked her the question if someone said they had a map for sale that tells you exactly how to get to heaven what would you give up just for that map? she answered me that she would give up everything. I then told her we have the map for free and all that we are required to do is to read it and follow it. I think sometimes we all take the scriptures for granted. The scriptures are truly a map that leads us to heaven and to happiness in this life. all we have to do is read and follow the scripture's council. I challenge all of you to read your scriptures every day. I know i say to read your scriptures in almost all of my emails, but i say it because it is important. 

I hope Thanksgiving went well for everyone I never knew how much i would miss that holiday until it was gone haha. I especially miss the pies. Well I hope to hear from all of you soon! P.S. if anyone is sending me any packages/ letters for Christmas, send them now because I hear it takes about a month for the mail to be delivered to Jamaica during the holiday season. Everyone have a good week. Until next time. Lata

Elder Nugent 

No comments:

Post a Comment