Monday, November 7, 2011

Hello everybody, Wagwan? Everything is going great here in Jamaica. we have been finding some pretty good investigators. We have committed one person to baptism at the end of this month. she wants to be baptised in a river so that would be cool if it all works out. Also, we had 2 investigators unexpectedly come to church on sunday so that was really cool. I guess our hard work is starting to pay off a little bit. This has definitely been probably the fastest week in my life. Time has just been flying by.

I am new to Jamacia but I really think im starting to get the hang of things. yesterday I was hit by a car. I was riding down the road and it just came out and backed up and hit me. The bike was a little bent up. the seat of the bike was twisted a little and the handlebars  were shifted and part of the bike where the pedals are located got all bent. but I did not feel a thing. and i just walked away perfectly fine. Either the Lord has been protecting me or else when I get back I should try out for the BYU football team. I think it is the first case (the Lord protecting me) haha. But everything is going good.

I learned how to cut peoples yards with a machette so that is very cool. But definitely the highlight of the week was when Elder Johnson and I met with an investigator that was a referal from church headquarters. This person didnt know anything about the church at first. a little while ago though she was diagnosed with cancer. right after she was diagnosed one of her facebook friends (a member of the church who did not know she had cancer) started sending her messages of healing and messages of the gospel.This investigator then decided to meet with us the missionaries. I feel this person is very prepared to recieve the gospel so i have high hopes for her.

It is cool to see how we can share the gospel online now. In conference we have been told to use social media to share the gospel with others. and this experience with the investigator shows how important it is to reach out to others online so that they can eventually come to know the truthfullness of the gospel. anyways i hope you all are doing well back in the USA. I hope the snow isnt too cold for you hahahaha. I am enjoying myself out here. I know that this is the true church of God. I know that Jesus Christ atoned for the sins of all mankind and I Know that the Book of Mormon is true. my address on facebook should be updated now if it is not the address where you can send mail to me is:
Elder Nugent Jamaica Kingston Mission P.O. Box 2316 Kingston 8 Jamaica

No comments:

Post a Comment