Friday, December 9, 2011












Hello everyone! things are still going well here in Jamaica. We are continuing to teach lots of great people and hopefully we will have a couple of baptisms this month. It is crazy that one transfer has already past. Just one more transfer and my current companion will be going home and I will get put with a new one. weird. Time has been flying by so fast. In the mtc time went by twice as fast. Here in the mission field, time has been flying by 7 times as fast. Every week feels like it was just a day. I guess that brings good and bad news. the good news is that in a short while i will see all my family and friends. the bad news is that I dont have very long to teach the gospel and bring others closer to Christ. Now that it is december here, the christmas breeze has begun to blow so that helps me stay a little bit cooler haha. I love being here though and teaching others. We have been teaching some pretty cool families. On my mission i have developed a love of gospel study. I never thought before that I could read my scriptures for 2 hours and enjoy every minute of it. I have learned so much and my teaching skills have been getting better and better. One thing that I found in my scriptures this morning was in 1 nephi chapter 19 (i think) when Nephi was on the ship sailing to the Americas and there was a great storm that was caused because of the iniquity of his brothers. Nephi then says a prayer to God and the storm was calmed. We can apply this principle in our lives as well. When we go throughout our lives we will have stormy parts in our lives. But if we turn to God and pray, he will calm the storm. In the song Be Still My Soul, part of the last verse says the winds and seas still know the master's voice who ruled them while below. Just know that we are all in God's hands. He knows each of us individually and he WILL calm the storms in our life if we put our trust in him and turn to him. I hope you all have a good week and I sincerely hope that you do all you can to follow the Lord our Savior Jesus Christ.

Love, 
Elder Nugent.

No comments:

Post a Comment