Monday, September 17, 2012


Hello everyone! How is it going? I'm sure things are still going well. I bet things are pretty cold there relative to here in JA. haha. But I hope school and everything is going well for everyone. Things are going really well here in Kingston. We are still working with some really cool investigators and part member families. One thing that I have definitely realized is that members are VITAL in missionary work. That is something I definitely need to improve on when I return home. But life has been good. Time is flying by way too fast. Something that I have been really thinking about this week is the dynamic nature that we as humans have. We are constantly changing. Every thing we think, see, hear, do, say, etc. either helps us to grow closer to God and helps us to become more like him.... or helps us grow closer to Satan and makes us more like him. Our decisions either help us be filled with light and happiness or darkness and misery. This is why it is essential that we are actively engaged in a good cause and that we are constantly seeking to do righteously, and that we absolutely refuse sin no matter how small it may seem. We are always getting either better or worse. If we choose to do nothing then we are getting worse. I have definitely learned much on my mission and have grown much, but I see so much where I need to improve and do better. I know this gospel is true and I know that Jesus Christ lives! And that it is through him that we can progress and become like God. It is through his infinite and atoning sacrifice that even when we slip up, we can change and become better. I love my mission and I love all of you back home.

Elder Nugent

No comments:

Post a Comment