Wednesday, December 21, 2011









Whats up everybody?! sorry this email is a day late. Yesterday i didnt have any time to email because our zone of missionaries went to Portmore to play some basketball so i am emailing during my lunch time today. It was a little rough for me playing basketball at first... but i still got it haha. But things are going great here.

We have 3 new people who said they want to be baptized and so hopefully they will get baptized either next sunday or the one after it. It is kind of rough because some of the people we are working with are trying to overcome some challenges that they are struggling with. so some of their baptism dates have been postponed.

I hope you are all ready and excited for the christmas season. enjoy the snow and the lights and hot chocolate while you can haha. Sorry this email is short. I only have a few minutes because i had to get a hair cut. but i am including lots of pictures. some are of me at the church, and there are even pictures of me chopping yard with my machete because it has come to my attention that some people doubt whether i really have a machete or not.

The work is moving along here in jamaica though. Time has been flying by soo fast. I know what Jacob meant in the book of mormon when he said their lives past away as if it were a dream. I still feel kind of fresh here in the mission field. I learn new things everyday. And the Lord keeps providing people in our paths who are ready to recieve the gospel. So i am very blessed here in Jamaica.

Here is a funny story real quick though. The other night my companion and I were riding our bicycles down a dark road when we passed by about 6 girls who looked like they were around 14 years old. As we were riding past they said get the white man and they tried to pull me off my bicycle as i was riding it. So i just had to ride even faster away from them so they wouldnt rip me off. They are even worse than the dogs that chase us haha. But things are going good. It is weird being away from home during christmass though. it is definitely different here then it is back home. but it is still nice. Well sorry I am not able to email everyone back today I will try to write and send some hand written letters if i hopefully have time next week or on christmas if we are allowed to.

Love,
Elder Nugent

No comments:

Post a Comment