Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Mi Deh Yah everyone. Sorry i havent been able to email in the past couple weeks. I am alright though. All the email places have been closed on preparation day for about the past two weeks due to christmas, boxing day, and new years. But i am doing quite well here in Jamaica.we have two more people who have baptism dates so hopefully they will follow through with their commitments and enter into the waters of baptism next month. Christmas was great though. We had a little Christmas program with the mission, so it was cool to see all the other missionaries who are serving in Jamaica.

I have had many little adventures since my last email. Even today I helped a family kill and pluck their chickens. it was quite intense to say the least. pictures will come next week.

As we are coming up on the new year I have been thinking of different resolutions that i can work on not only on my mission, but when i get back from my mission as well. One important thing i have learned while on my mission is the importance of fulfilling my duty as a member of the church through doing my best in all my callings, home teaching, and service to others. I never really understood the importance of home teaching and church callings till I began my mission. It is so important for us as members to follow the example of our savior by doing our duty to help and serve others. When we do not do our best in our callings, others will suffer and possibly fall away into inactivity from the church, and it will be partially our fault. There are definitely negative consequences from not doing our callings and responsibilities in the church, not just on those who are hurt by our lack of dedication, but we will face consequences as well. When we do our duty in the church however, we are greatly blessing the lives of others, as well as our own life. We will have the spirit of the Lord with us more, we will become true disciples of Christ, we will be able to deal with challenges and temptations with more strength in our daily lives, and we will be serving our God and our Fellowman. What a great blessing Church callings are! we should not view them as something negative, but we should view them as blessings that come from being members of God's kingdom on earth. As the New Year has just begun, I challenge all of you to fulfill your church callings with more purpose of heart. Serve others and the Lord with all your heart might mind and strength. Doing so will be such a great blessing to you and to others. I bear my testimony of the truthfulness of this Gospel. I know that Jesus Christ came, suffered, and died for us. Let us show our thanks and our dedication to him by serving him and others more faithfully. In the name of Jesus Christ amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment