Sunday, October 23, 2011

Hello everyone! things here are going good. As you all know my visa has been
delayed so I dont know when I will finally be able to go out to Jamaica.
They said hopefully it will come in a week so i will keep my fingers
crossed. But until then i have been assigned to a new district. It is weird
being with different missionaries. i am always trying to set a good example
to help these missionaries get off on a good start when they get into the
field. Everyone write to me and let me know how you are doing. Yesterday,
Elder Richard G. Scott came and gave a devotional to the missionaries. One
thing that stood out to me was he said, "I KNOW God, and I KNOW His Son" and
it made me think that we too can all know God. It is through our obedience
and diligence in following God that we can truly know him. I would suggest
everyone who reads this email to read Alma Chapter 32 in the Book of Mormon
where Alma teaches how we can know if any part of the gospel is true. It is
by acting on faith and obedience, and as we continually show our obedience
and continually act on our faith, our faith begins to turn into knowledge
and we can KNOW any part of the gospel whether it is true. This is how
people can gain a divine witness of God to the point where they can know
him. It is when we compeletly submit our will to Gods will that we can gain
knowledge and perform miracles. I firmly believe this. And I challenge all
of you to gain a testimony of this principle by living it and experimenting
on it just as Alma teaches. This is the only way to become truly converted
to the gospel as well. I hope everything in the outside world is going well.
I want you all to know that God loves us each individually and that he will
answer sincere prayers guaranteed. It might not be the answer we want, or
the answer that we are looking for but our prayers will be answered. How
wonderfull is it to think that the maker of the universe cares and knows
about each one of His many many children. So much so that He sent His only
begotten Son to take upon himself all the pains of the world and to die for
us so that we could choose to repent and to turn to Him and rely on Him so
that we could be happy forever. I know this is true in the name of Jesus
Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment