Sunday, October 23, 2011

Hello everyone, things are still going great here. Today is my last p-day in
the United States. it is weird to think that in just 6 days i will be in
Jamaica. Time has been flying by so fast it is so crazy. This past week I
was able to give two blessings to two different sister missionaries that
were sick. One of the sisters that my companion and I blessed was better
from her very bad illness in a matter of hours so that was really cool. But
things here havent changed much, still just reading and practicing teaching
all the time. We have devotionals and firesides every tuesday and sunday
that are really neat. They all talk about missionary work and what a
blessing it will be in our lives as well as in the lives of others. I must
say some missionaries say they struggle getting adjusted to the mission but
it has been pretty easy for me. Waking up at 6 30 is still a piece of
cake.... kind of haha. and i just go to work learning and teaching and
before you know it im fast asleep by 10 30. also to all of you who thought i
would gain weight here, i have actually been losing weight. I have been
losing about a pound a week which i am kind of dissapointed about because I
was really looking forward to getting bigger... oh well maybe in jamaica i
will be able to gain some haha. I eat a lot too, well at least until im
full. maybe its because im balling it up every day and walking fast
everywhere because I always seem to be running a little bit behind. My
district is really cool still. sometimes everyone gets outta control whil
studying but we always seem to bring back the spirit after we remember why
we are here. One cool experience that happend this week was we were teaching
a real investigator who will be baptized soon and in the middle of the
lesson he said I feel like i need to tell you something. He then continued
to tell us that he was changing he said that ever since he started living
the gospel his life has changed so much. He said that before he learned of
God and the church he and his wife were going to commit suicide because he
lost his leg and they were both going through severe depression. He was
heavily medicated because of his depression and nothing helped him....
Untill he found out about the gospel from some ward members who lived near
by him. ever since then he has been meeting with the missionaries and his
life has been so much happier. I bear my testimony that I know that Jesus is
the Christ and that he atoned for the sins of all mankind. The only way to
happiness in this life is by living and learning of the restored gospel here
on the earth. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and that the book
of Mormon is scripture from God that teaches us how to live our lives and
come closer to Christ by living the principles of the restored gospel. I
urge you all to read your scriptures daily and they will change your life.
no doubt about it. I say these things as a representative of the Lord Jesus
Christ in His name amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment