Sunday, October 23, 2011

‎... But anyways things are going good here. My companion is good, he likes to work and play basketball so that is always a plus right? haha. But i have just been working hard here keeping all the rules. On my second day they called me to be a district leader so of course i am following the rules ha. Tell everyone to keep writing me cause i hardly get any mail. just tell them to dearelder.com it. but yeah i just wake up at 6 30 am busy all day and go to 10 30...

...conference was good this weekend a lot of it was on missionary work so that was cool. we also have had a devotional and fireside about missionary work. here the stress is on being completely obedient, which is what i plan to do. But i have made a lot of friends here my district is very cohesive sometimes they can get outta hand so i just try to remind them that we are here to serve the Lord...

I have just been busy praying reading the scriptures and learning how to teach which is great. It is a lot of fun. People that say missionary work is not fun is very wrong. I have fun all the time just talking to people and learning and sharing with them what i believe. Every day we just practice teaching fake and real investigators and doing personal gospel study and sharing what we learned. DId you get my letter i sent? also can you post this email on my blog? and to all my blog readers i say to you whats up ma tacos haha. but I havent learned anything about Jamaica here cause my teacher served in Ohio. right now i am the only missionary going to Jamaica besides this other sister named sister nautu who is in my district. my companion is going to serve in sacramento. Oh and right now my P days are on wednesdays. Also I learned that I fly to jamaica on Oct. 18. Less then two weeks away. I am so excited. if i think the mtc is fun just wait until i get out and start teaching real people and helping them to change their lives. anyways I want you all to know that this church is true and it was restored through Joseph Smith. Jesus Christ did atone for our sins and you can know these things by acting on the teachings of the gospel for yourself and praying about them. I love you all and I would love to here from you all. My address is on my facebook page. I hope you dont miss me too much yet cause i still have like more than 700 more days to go haha. but as one of the general authorities who talked in a devotional here said, It is not about serving time, it is about serving the Lord. So Im just gonna focus on serving the Lord. I already feel that 2 years isn't enough time. If you think about it, Jesus dedicated every part of his whole life for us and right now all he is asking of me is to dedicate every part of my life for the next two years for him what a blessing it is to be here. I encourge all of you reading this to read the book of moromon every day because it really will change your life, even if you think that your life is good enough, reading the book of moromon every day will make it that much better. You better do it to cause im gonna follow up on it next week i email haha. but always remember the Savior, be nice to eachother and forget me not. till next week,

Love,
Elder Nugent

No comments:

Post a Comment