Wednesday, October 3, 2012


Hello Everyone! hope things are going well. Things are going excellent here this past week has been pretty awesome and crazy. Well I have 4 crazy awesome stories to tell:

1: Last night, there was a tropical storm, and all of the roads flooded, and we had to drive home from a lesson and the water came all the way up to the hood of the truck that we were in, which is pretty high off the ground. The engine almost got flooded but the Lord blessed us and we were able to get through. While we were driving through the deep water however, the water current pushed the truck and one of the tires hit something and the tire popped so we had to drive home on a completely flat tire which was pretty intense. But we made it home in safety.

2: A few weeks ago we taught and gave a blessing to a lady 2 days before she had to go into brain surgery to remove a tumor. We had an awesome lesson, and she felt the Spirit pretty strongly. As we were leaving the lesson, I felt impressed to tell her that if she forgets everything from getting brain surgery, that she needed to remember how she felt during the lesson/blessing and that what she was feeling was the Spirit. I didn't actually think she would forget anything but I told her anyways. She then had the surgery. After she had recovered, we went over to teach her and her mother, and she had lost all memory of us. She didn't remember meeting us or anything that we had taught her. As we began teaching her this second lesson, I told her what we taught her about before the surgery. I then told her that right when we left that first lesson,   we told her to remember how she felt and that what she was feeling was the Spirit. Right after I said that, the investigators face lit up and she said "I remember that! I don't remember anything else but I remember when you said that!" It was quite an awesome experience. I am very grateful that the Lord impressed on me to speak those words and that she did remember!

3: Another one of our investigators is progressing really well, and her life has changed drastically as she has been reading the Book of Mormon just these past 2 weeks.

4: At 11:37 pm. last night I awoke to a phone call informing me that the investigator who I told you about in an earlier email, who has been married to a member for 28 years, has decided that he wants to be baptized, and he asked me to perform the baptism.  I felt so honored, and excited. His wife was baptized by grandpa 28 years ago. Also, when we came to visit Jamaica when I was 6 years old we even visited his family in Linstead for a little bit. What a blessing and a privilege! Also, grandpa told them that he was going to fly down for his baptism! I was so thrilled to hear this news that I wasn't able to sleep at all last night. It is going to be awesome when he is baptized, and then when he will be sealed to his family for time and all eternity in the temple in 1 years time. I can't express my feelings adequately. It is just awesome to be able to participate in the work of the Lord. I left my family for 2 years so that other families can spend eternity with theirs. 

I love my mission, I love our Savior Jesus Christ, I know that He is the Son of the Living God. I love all of you back home as well of course.

Elder Nugent
Oh, also as of September 28th I have officially hit my 1 year mark. Sad how fast time flies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment