Monday, June 25, 2012


Wah tah goh waahn Everyone?! haha. I am doing quite excellent here in Mandeville. Transfer calls are coming on saturday so i will find out if i am being transfered or not. How are you all doing? hope summer is going well. I cannot believe how fast time is flying. It is crazy. Let me update you on the story of my life:

First: the food challenge at Margaritaville last monday was a success. I ate the 4 patty 4 cheese hamburger with fries and a pickle in under 15 minutes. So I got a free t-shirt that is normally 30 dollars, and the meal itself which is normally 30 dollars was free for me! Yes! haha. it was a high risk, high reward meal for sure. It was pretty crazy though because margaritaville which is a huge tourist destination had a lot of people eating there. and then this guy with a microphone came and announced that we were doing the challenge and like 30  random people who were eating at the restaurant came and surrounded my table and there were all these people cheering me on. it was awesome hahaha. I am pretty much now a legend at margaritaville. 

Second: One of our investigators is getting baptised on Sunday! i am so excited. We have been working with this investigator for the past 3 months, and all of our hard work is about to pay off! We definitely worked through a ton of challenges, but we were able to overcome them together. This investigator is really cool. he is 16 and he is super excited for baptism. It is amazing the changes that he has made in his life, and he tells us that he is so much happier now. He has been a real testimony builder for me about how we never know who is prepared to receive the gospel. We need to share with everyone regardless of whether or not we think they will accept it. Because the Lord knows who he wants in his church. 

Third: as you can tell this past week has been quite excellent. We have definitely had our trials, but we are looking forward to what this week will bring. Being on a mission is definitely the greatest thing that i could be doing right now in my life. I have learned and grown so much. I still have so much more to learn and grow. I know that Jesus Christ lives, and that he atoned for our sins, and that this is HIS Church restored to the earth. I love being here. It is quite an amazing experience. I miss and love you all.

Love, 

Elder Nugent

No comments:

Post a Comment