Sunday, June 17, 2012

Hello everybody! how is it going? Mandeville is doing well. Time just keeps on flying faster and faster. It feels like yesterday I sent my last email. Things are going pretty good here though. One of our investigators is progressing really well and should be baptized in 2 weeks, so I am way excited about that. I am loving serving here though. We get transfer calls next week so i will find out if i will be staying here or if i will be transfered again. Today, we are having another zone p-day in Negril just like we had a couple of weeks ago. We are going back to that same restaurant called Margaritaville except this time, I will be attempting a food challenge there where I have to eat this huge hamburger with four hamburger patties, and fries, and a pickle in under 15 minutes. If i accomplish the challenge my meal will be free and i will get a free t shirt. So everyone be praying for me hahaha. Also, yesterday by permission from President Hendricks, Grandma and Grandpa who have been in Jamaica for this past week were able to come to the Mandeville branch. So, I was able to see them at church and after church Grandma's cousin fed us dinner so it was really nice. It was awesome seeing them there. It was kind of weird, but it was great.

This week, I have been thinking a bit about the Laws and Ordinances of the Gospel and how they help us to endure to the end. In conference, one of the talks given by a member of the Seventy was about how we need to be active in the Church and active in the Gospel. Just because we go to church, doesnt mean we are active in living the gospel the way we should. all of us as members need to focus on the covenants we have made, and strive to keep them and also to make higher covenants in the Temple. As we focus on the laws and ordinances of the gospel we will recieve direction in our lives. I would like to bear my testimony that I know that this gospel is true. I know Jesus Christ lives. I know that the holy priesthood has been restored to the earth, and that through it we may partake of the ordinances of salvation. As we worthily take part in sacred ordinances by his priesthood, the power of God is manifest. I know this to be true in my life and the ordinances I have been able to take a part in will continue to stand as a witness to me of the truth and divinity of this Church and of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love and miss you all

Love,
Elder Nugent 

No comments:

Post a Comment