Tuesday, May 29, 2012


How is it going everybody? Things are going alright here in Mandeville. This past week has been kind of crazy for several reasons. First, It is hurricane season, so it has been raining like crazy here, which makes biking fun... really it does. Whenever we go out, after we get  to our destination it looks like I went swimming with my clothes on, at least it cools everything off though haha. Also, on Friday Saturday and Sunday, my companion has been sick. He had a pretty bad fever, and pink-eye, and swollen glands, and a sore throat, and runny belly, so those past three days we had to stay in the house. So while he was suffering, I sprayed down our mold infested apartment with bleach so our house is now super clean which is nice. Other than that, this week has been pretty good. We were not able to teach much because we were stuck inside, but I was able to study the scriptures and the Church magazine a lot... Lets just say from now on you can all refer to me as the living Ensign haha. I love reading the Church magazines now. I definitely missed out in previous years of my life when I took no thought to read them. They are full of spiritual guidance. I encourage all of you to read them each month back home. Well this week hasn't been the best, but I have learned a lot. And I am excited to start this week. I love serving here. And time has been flying by way too fast. I know that this church is true, and I know that Jesus Christ lives, and that he directs the church through a living prophet on the earth today. I hope you all have an excellent week. It is crazy that it is already summer time. I miss and love you all,

Love,
Elder Nugent

No comments:

Post a Comment