Thursday, May 24, 2012


Hello Everyone! how is it going? things are going all right here in Mandeville. This week has not been the best week for mandeville but we are hanging in there. First my companion was sick one day so we werent able to go out and teach. Second a couple of our investigators who we were working with, who we were really excited for and were progressing, pretty much dropped off the face of the world. And to top it off at the start of sacrament meeting yesterday there were only 11 members at church because it was a rainy day. It was a little frustrating, but I am just trying not to get discouraged and work even harder than ever this week to help as many people as possible come unto Christ. 
This week, I have been pondering on the importance of journal writing. Journal writing is an expression of gratitude, and a form of remembering the great things the Lord has done for us and those around us. In the scriptures particularly the Book of Mormon, there are countless references of remembering the great things the Lord has done. Remembering the Lord and the blessings he gives us daily helps us to live righteously. Another thing I have recently started doing better, is i have been keeping a study journal to record the things i learn during studies, and spiritual impressions that come to me. Writing in the journal has made a huge difference in the amount that I learn and remember as I study. I am able to remain so much more focused, and I am able to remember the things I study a lot easier. Elder Richard G. Scott said that writing spiritual inspiration down shows the Lord that we value it, and then we are likely to receive more. How true that is! I would like to challenge all of you back home to write in a journal daily. Also, I would challenge all of you back home to keep a study journal to use as you study the scriptures, and listen to conference, etc. Also make sure to write down spiritual impressions whenever they come to you. It is so important. Well I miss and love you all. I am having a great time out here. Last week I began a new transfer here in Mandeville. I still training my companion because new missionaries get trained for 2 transfers now instead of 1. You are always in my prayers. I know that this Church is true and that Jesus Christ lives and loves us. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet living today. And I know with out a doubt that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Blessings,
Elder Nugent

No comments:

Post a Comment