Monday, May 14, 2012







Hello everybody! How is it going? It is continuing to go well here in Mandeville. This week has been pretty good. Time has been flying fast, and our investigators are still progressing so I am pretty excited about that. Not too much new has happened this week. Still just working hard to help our investigators become truly converted to the gospel. 

Our apartment is still being invaded by flying cockroaches so that is always fun haha. Last preparation day Negril was fun. We went to the beach and chilled, and then we went to this place called Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville. It was pretty cool. Negril was so beautiful. I was thinking how blessed I am to be able to go to these places that many people spend their lives just dreaming about going to. And to think that I have the opportunity of living here for 2 years while serving the Lord. What a blessing. 

This past week, A lot of the things that I learned about in studies and such was about prayer. Prayer is so essential for us to come close to God. I read in a quote that it is through prayer that we come the closest to God. Prayer is truly a form of work, and is something that we must continue to develop throughout the rest of our lives. I have really been trying to improve my prayer relationship with God and receive revelation for my own life. In Preach My Gospel they say that the only way we can know of spiritual truths is through prayer. I would like to encourage all of you back home to continue to work on and evaluate your prayers. As we do so, we will begin to know God even more in a very real sense. 

I love serving my mission. I have definitely learned that there are many areas in my life where I can improve. Thank you all for your support through the years of my lifetime. I know that Jesus Christ Lives, and that He is truly our Lord and our Saviour. I know that this missionary work that i am blessed to take a part of is truly the work of the Lord. I love you all and miss you 

Love,
Elder  Nugent

P.S. the pictures are mostly of Negril last monday and also the picture where i look quite angry is when an investigator floured me on my birthday



No comments:

Post a Comment