Thursday, March 22, 2012











Hello everybody! how has the week been? i have been doing great. This week has really flown by. It seems like yesterday that i was sitting here emailing you. The work has been going really well here. We have been working with a couple of families and one of them should be getting baptized in about a month. Also, a couple of investigators that i taught in May Pen are getting baptized! one of them is getting baptized on April 1. So that is really cool! I am very excited for them. I have been getting along well with my companion. We have been working really hard every day. The branch that I am serving in is really cool too. They have been feeding us and have been really helpful in the work. 

This week we had a lesson with "Mr. T". In the beginning of the lesson we were just talking with each other and then he started rapping for us, and to make a long story short the spirit wasnt really there. After that, we opened up the Book of Mormon and started reading with him and the minute we started reading, the room filled with the warmth of the spirit. It was very cool to see the night and day difference of when the spirit was and was not there. Another awesome thing happened this week: I dedicated myself to uphold a higher standard of cleanliness in our apartment. As I was cleaning, the thought hit me: "how can I expect to one day organize a planet if i cant even organize my apartment right now?" and since then the apartment has been cleaner than ever before, and it feels much nicer in the apartment then it did before. God is a God of order. We should try to live Godly lives while here. 

Time has surly been flying by. I am loving my time here in Mandeville. I have learned and grown a lot. I know that this gospel is true and I know that Jesus Christ lives and that he truly did atone for our sins. I love him and I will always serve him. I love you all back home too haha. Feel free to write me letters and such. it might be a while before i recieve them though. I hope you all have a good week. Included are some pictures. Some are with members, missionaries, companions, and investigators. Love and miss you all



Love, 
Elder Nugent


No comments:

Post a Comment