Monday, January 16, 2012

Watah go wahn everyone! hows it going? things are continuing to go well here. I just began a new transfer, and i have a new companion here in May Pen. We get along well and we are harder at work than ever. We are really striving to get the branch more proactive in doing missionary work because apparently 80% of converts are refferals from members of the church. We are trying to pick up a new pool of people to teach, and we are continuing to strive to work out our other investigators concerns so that they will be ready for baptism. This work has been hard physically, mentally, and spiritually, but it is always worth it. Every day i learn a little bit more of what our savior, and the prophets and apostles went through in the scriptures when they went out to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is such a great blessing and I have grown a lot. It is one of the best feelings to see people who have been prepared to hear our message.

This week, I have been thinking more about charity, which is the pure love of Christ. In the scriptures, in Either Chapter 3 or 4 i think, they talk about the love that Christ had for the world. He loved the world so much that he laid his life down for the world.  that love that Christ had is called Charity. In the scriptures we learn that we must have charity to inherit the kingdom of God. If we think about it, If we have a perfect love for others, a love for ourselves, and a love for God, we will never go wrong, So this week I would just like to encourage everyone to develop charity to strive to serve and love others, and i know that you will be happy doing so. I know that you will become more like our savior. I know that this great missionary work is guided and directed by God, I am thankful to be here in Jamaica to serve the people here. I know that I am not perfect, but hopefully through Christ I can become perfect. That is why he died for us. I miss and love you all.

Love,
Elder Nugent

No comments:

Post a Comment