Thursday, March 28, 2013


Hey! This week has been pretty good here in Santa Cruz. Time is flying by too fast. I cant believe it is already almost April. That is crazy! Well this past week has been pretty excellent. We have been teaching some really cool people still. My companion and I are getting along great. We have begun waking up at 6:00 now so we can get an hour of exercise in each morning. That is going fantastically. On wednesday, we held a zone meeting in Sav which went really well. I have realized on my mission that I love teaching which is awesome because that is what we do in God's kingdom. We teach and we teach and we teach haha. On Sunday, my companion and I were informed about 20 minutes before Sacrament meeting that we had to give talks, so that was pretty neat. The talks went well and it was a good meeting. Im glad my talk giving skills have increased a little on my mission haha. This past week, I have been pondering a lot on the importance of the principle of remembering the Lord and the great things that He has done for us. In the Book of Mormon, there are many instances of people who remember and also people who forget the Lord. Those who forget the Lord, always fall into transgression and misery, while those who remember the Lord, always walk in rightesousness. As I pondered why that is, I realized that as we remember the Lord and the great things He has done for us, we draw closer to Him. We are filled with greater love towards Him and our fellowmen. We learn to rely on His goodness and grace and mercy in our every day lives. We humble ourselves. When we forget the Lord, we distance ourselves from Him and we strive to rely on our own strength and we stumble and fall. We develop pride. This is why so much of the gospel is centered on remembering God and His son Jesus Christ. The Sacrament, prayers, and daily scripture study, to name a few, are all ways in which we remember the Lord and the great things He has done for us. I challenge everyone to make a more earnest effort this week to remember the Lord and the great things He has done for us.
 
Love you all,
Elder Nugent

No comments:

Post a Comment