Monday, December 3, 2012


Hey everyone! hope things are going excellent. Things are going great here in Jamaica. I love my mission. I have really learned a lot, and I am changing. It is crazy how small acts of willing obedience and service change us over time. We may not see the change immediately, because we change in degrees. But we do change all the time. And as we pause and look back on our life we can see the change. Well this past week I have been pondering about living our lives and prioritizing our time for the things that matter most. One thing that I have funnily enough grown to hate on my mission is television. I cringe at the thought of how much time I wasted on the television and on facebook etc. when I was at home. On my mission, I have met many, many people, and when I get to know them one of the questions I ask is, "what do you like to do for fun?" The majority of the responses I get, sadly, is "I like to watch t.v. for fun". There are lives to bless, there is growth and progression that we need to make, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God. Are we using our God given time for things that have little or no value? As disciples of Jesus Christ, we covenanted to take upon ourselves the name of Christ. We promised to do the things that Christ would do. We promised to serve our brothers and sisters. In Omni 1:26 i think (forgive me if im wrong) it says we need to offer up our whole souls to God. When we offer up our whole souls to God and place ourselves in His hands, we become like Him. He turns us from the worn, sin stained, mortal beings that we are into gods. We can never allow ourselves to allow t.v. and anything else for that matter, to detract, and distract us from our duty to God. We must never allow ourselves to sell our souls for the television or anything else. Now im not saying that watching some t.v. is bad. We just cannot let it get in the way of us fulfilling our duty to God, and loving and serving all of mankind. We must never let anything get in the way of scripture study, family prayer, family scripture study, family home evenings, and everything else that we are commanded to do. I love this gospel with all my heart. I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father. I love all of you back home and here. May we all dedicate all of our lives to God, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment