Monday, April 8, 2013


Hey everyone! hope everything is going well! I hope you all enjoyed and learned a lot from General Conference. I know I sure did. General conference is one of my most favorite times of the year now. I love watching and learning and feeling the Holy Spirit. This past week has been full of meetings, so we have not had much time to proselyte. On monday was perparation day, tuesday was zone conference in Sav, thursday was Zone Leader Council in Kingston, saturday was general conference, and sunday was general conference. Needless to say, it has been a busy week. But, it has been a good week full of learning. One thing that I have been pondering about a lot lately is something that I was reminded of at zone leader council. My mission President said that when we learn things at meetings and we feel the Spirit, we need to bind ourselves to act and to change and apply the things that we learn. Otherwise, meetings become nothing more than just spiritual entertainment. As we bind ourselves, and act and repent, we become sanctified- cleansed and set apart. What a great blessing! As we choose to humble oureselves and follow the guidance of the Spirit and bind ourselves to action, we become sanctified, and are filled with joy and peace. I know this to be true, because I have applied this principle in my life. All of us who have watched general confernece have been spritually fed. What better time to bind ourselves to act on the things that we have learned at confernece than now? I know as we do so, we will enjoy a greater portion of the Holy Spirit, we will find more peace and direction in life, our testimonies will strengthen, and we will feel a greater sense of God's love in our daily lives. May we all choose to act and not be acted upon. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
 Love you all,
Elder Nugent

No comments:

Post a Comment