Tuesday, January 1, 2013


Hey everyone! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's. This past week was awesome. I had an excellent Christmas. We were able to share Christmas messages with many people and help them feel the Spirit which was awesome. We were also fed by some members which was excellent as well haha. On Sunday, I gave a talk in Church about conversion which went pretty well, and got me to thinking about ways that I can become more fully converted in my life. And since it is New Year's, what better time to set some resolutions? As I prepared my talk, the realization came to me that we become more converted as we experience blessings from the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and as we allow ourselves to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost; because, It is the power of the atonement of Jesus Christ, and the power of the Holy Ghost which causes a mighty change in our hearts. When we are converted, we are born again. We become changed creatures in Jesus Christ. So, we need to apply the atonement by living the gospel including faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, making and keeping covenants, following the promptings of the Spirit, and enduring to the end in faith. We need to invite the Spirit into our lives through obedience to God's commandments including daily scripture study and prayer, and participating in sacred ordinances of the gospel such as the sacrament. May we all strive to do better to follow our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ this upcoming year. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 


Love you all

Elder Nugent

No comments:

Post a Comment